Saturday, June 18, 2011

Two Weeks In...




The end of another busy, productive week. We now have all our beds built and ready to be filled with compost, soil and plants. I love looking at the property every morning and seeing how much it has changed since day one. A friendly neighbor shared some photos of the how the property looked two years ago. What a change! It used to be used as a dump for unwanted VCRs, glass bottles and other household items. We even uncovered some digging around this week. I'm glad that this project is allowing the whole community to take action in beautifying a shared space.
I've grown attached to the property myself and can't seem to go a day without at lease walking through the garden and pulling up a few weeds. With father's day tomorrow Margaret and I are back in New Jersey. I'm having a bit of separation anxiety from not being able to check up on the garden. I'm looking forward to getting our seedlings in the ground by Wednesday next week (fingering crossed!)
Picture 1: Our first shipment of lumber!
Picture 2: The property in 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment