Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Vegetables and Visitors

A busy week with many guest!
With Margaret off on vacation the garden was short a hand this week. Lucky for me, I had some great friends come and help out. Three of my friends from Connecticut College will be making an appearance in the garden and offer some of their gardening expertise to the project.
We also began to the process of handing the garden over to the community this week. On Monday night I met with a few, committed garden members to discuss the future of The Roots of Peace Garden. There enthusiasm assured me that the Roots of Peace Garden will live on after I leave and continue to have a positive impact on the community.
This week also welcomed new eggplants, peppers and ripe tomatoes. We had two tomatoes and three peppers harvested on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment