Friday, August 5, 2011

Rain, Rain


After the success at last week's BBQ we are planning another at tonight's workday. This part of the summer has allowed me to lay back and literally enjoy the fruits of our labor. With all the raised beds built, soil shipped and seeds sowed I have gotten to sit back and watch our plants grow. I've also gotten to enjoy meeting new community members everyday. On Wednesday 4:30pm sharp the sky opened up and started to rain. Usually I would pack things up and retreat inside almost mechanically, but this time I was genuinely disappointed. Rain means that most of our members take the day in the garden off, meaning I won't get to see them and talk with them. The people in this neighborhood have been so kind and generous. With only two weeks left I invite every opportunity I get to see them.
Below is a preview of tonight's BBQ. I will be making pumpkin brownies, by replacing the eggs and oil in a regular boxed brownie mix, with a can of pumpkin. It's really easy and tasty.
1 Box Brownie Mix
1 Can Pumpkin

Preheat oven according to directions on brownie box. Combine pumpkin and brownie mix. Mix until smooth. Place mixture in a greased tray (4x12) and cook for approximately half an hour. The cook time may be more or less depending on the size of the tray and the type of brownie mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment